Monday, November 19, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving comes around only once a year, but I prefer to 'give thanks' when it's warranted. This accomplishes multiple things. First of all, it makes the person you are thanking feel a bit of gratitude- this is especially significant on those rough days. Now, to make my point clear, I'm not 'PollyAnna' by any stretch of the imagination, I just enjoy giving people something to smile about, when things around them feel exceptionally hectic.
The second reason I enjoy 'giving thanks' when it's not 'in style', is just the feeling I get when I see that person who looks like they may snap at any second, or who look extremely weary, actually have a smile on their face.
You see, manners go a LONG way, and, it seems, they are slipping as time goes by - especially the closer we get to the Holiday Season. These are supposed to be the seasons of love, peace, grace, thankfulness, and happiness, but you won't see that if you are shoving someone out of the way to get the better parking spot, or the latest toy.
Basically, what I am saying is, turn your phone off, and smile at your cashier; let the elderly lady, or the lady with four children clinging on her appendages have the closer parking spot; let the guy who s reaching for the same toy as you have it - there is always something else that can be bought; smile, and just say a simple, 'Thank You'.
The meanings of Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays may bring a smile on your face this year, instead of migraines and frazzled hair!
God bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment